Saturday, November 19, 2011

Safety Blankets

I recently was told about an Organization called Donors Choose. I had this idea of making blankets with my 5th grade art club. My school is considered a high poverty school and I wanted to teach these children how to create something with their own hand that could be used in the future. While knitting is still on my list of things to teach them . A simple fleece blanket where you tie the knots around the corners and edges seems more practical and something that they will actually be able to use THIS winter :)
Long story short- I posted my project idea on DonorsChoose. I waited impatiently to see if it would be accepted. I sent a few emails out once it was and boom 24 hours later the project was funded. Now I have to wait for the materials to be sent... It might kill me but I know it will be worth it in the end!

Safety Blankets

Feel free to check it out!!!! I think it is a great idea for ALL teachers!


No comments:

Post a Comment