Thursday, December 8, 2011

2nd Symmetry Sunflowers

Ok well the 2nd grade was pretty upset that I was re-teaching them about Vincent Van Gogh since they had already learned about him in 1st grade. Since I am new to their school I did not know they had already learned about him. I didn't want to disappoint so I felt the pressure to make this art work something they had never done before.






So we talked about Van Gogh his life and his art work. We also focused on symmetry. We sang the Symmetry song....Symmetry Oh Symmetry....You are the same on both sides.... ( much like the Christmas tree oh christmas tree) We used oil pastels pushed really hard and drew half of the picture. Next we folded it in half and rubbed. This created the symmetrical print on the other side. We used a wash of paint over everything to great a back ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment