Friday, December 9, 2011

Kindergarten- Free Form Monsters

Apparently in elementary art I have a thing for monsters and alien. I just feel like the result cant go wrong the kids love it so much.

I got this project from we heart art . I too read Jeremy Draws a Monster but I also read Lines that Wiggle. 






 What you do is take a piece of string that is tied in a knot and drop it on the paper. You trace the contour line of the string or in K terms the outside, around the string. Then you start adding your monsters physical features. This creates a great discussion to ease drop on. The kids start taking about what their monster does and what powers it has.. It is soo cute and it keeps their attention the entire time.


I see the common theme is not knowing how to color around what they have drawn, for example the eyes, nose and mouth. We will have to work on that. I have to remind myself that this is the first time a lot of these kiddos have done a real art class. So when they are beaming proud, I am beaming proud. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment